Fam pic

Fam pic

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time flies

So yesterday I took little ben to kindergarten registration!!! I can't believe how old he is getting.  There is a charter school around here that has a dual immersion program where the kids are going to be learning in both english and spanish.  It is actually supposed to make them smarter kids in the long run.  We decided to try and get him in it because spanish would be a very useful language to know, plus then the bens could talk bad about the rest of the family without us knowing ;)
Anyways, I called them up and they told me when registration was, but that Ben would have to test into the program.  That worried me because he does really well with numbers and reasoning, but he has no patience for letters or writing.  His only writes Ben and the "e" is backwards.  You cant tell him that though because he will get mad at you.  He only identifies half of the alphabet too.  So I was worried that maybe he was behind, but that we would try anyways.  So yesterday we went over to Summit Charter Academy and waited in line for 4 hours (there were a lot of other parents wanting to get their kids into the school).  He went back to be tested (not sure on what, they wouldn't let me over there) and then we were told that we would find out by the end of the week.
This afternoon I got a call from the school telling me that he was accepted into the program!  So exciting!  He will be at a good, safe school in a good program.  Because he will be learning in both spanish and english, they said that the first couple of years his scores might be lower than the other kindergarten class, but that he should catch up after that and then surpass them.  It should be fun.

No comments: