The next day we got to Disneyland before they opened their gates. We all stood around Main Street waiting to be let in and then headed straight for Space Mountain. Ben decided to go figure out our Star Tours thing (We won some contest that let us preview it. The best part was we got free parking that day) so I took Ethan and stood in line. He was really excited and loved watching the "movie" over and over again (ya know, the one that tells you to safely store your items and such). Then he decided the line was moving too slow and it must be because Mickey only had 2 rocket ships. He said next time he saw Mickey, he was going to tell him to buy more rocket ships. It was hilarious! Then when we got to the part where you could see people getting on and off, he said "look mom! Mickey got more rockets just like I said!" He was ecstatic. He liked the ride but said he didn't want to go back on. Ben took little Ben after us and he hated the ride. He hid with his head down the whole time.

 |
| Ethan took this picture. Pretty good for a 3 year old |
 |
| watching the "movie" |
 |
| That's us in back |
 |
| did i mention that ethan just barely makes the height requirement :) |
|
 |
| both bens in back |
So next we went over to star tours. Big Ben took Ben and Brynna to Astro Blasters while I took Ethan on the ride. Now mind you I measured him before we left and he was 40.5 inches. Plus he had gone on Tower of Terror the day before and had just gotten off Space Mountain. We are about to go in and a lady pulls us aside saying he needs to be measured. Fine. Now Ethan isn't a fan of strangers and tends to cower down. This is exactly what he did because this lady wasn't being nice. I told her that he just had gone on Space Mountain but she didn't care, she shooed us out of line. Ben got off Astro Blasters and I told him what had happened. He decided to take little Ben on it while I took Ethan and Brynna on the Blasters.


We all finished and Ben said to try Star Tours again because there was no reason that Ethan shouldn't go on. So we got back in line. The people in the front had changed and they didn't pull Ethan out of the line or anything. Ethan sat there staring at all the robots, loving it. He was really excited to go on it.




We get all the way to the front, grab our 3D glasses and a lady pulls him out of line. Ethan walks up to the measuring stick, hits his head and then scrunches down so he doesnt hit his head again. I told him that he needed to stand up strait so he did. His head touched and everything. The lady decided that she was going to check to be sure and starts shoving her hand between Ethan's head and the measuring stick. Ethan, thinking she wanted her hand there, ducked down. So she kicked him out of line. I tried to patiently explaining that he had already been on 2 other rides that require you to be 40 inches and he made it just fine. She, very rudely, says, "yes I know I heard you earlier." So the dang lady recognized us from out front and was determined that he shouldn't ride. Then Ethan cried for the next 30 mins that he was too short to ride the robot ride. I was ticked to say the least! OK, end of rant.
So after a nice lunch, we headed over to fantasy land. There was the snow white ride,
 |
| Ethan liked sitting with me |
then the Pinocchio ride,
and then Casey Jr.
 |
| I don't want my picture taken |
 |
| Ok, fine, you can take my picture |
 |
| CHEESE! |
 |
| My wild animals |
After the train, I headed over to get some food (we ended up not packing enough lunch) while Ben took the boys on the tea cups. He was supposed to be standing in the Dumbo line but changed his mind. The tea cup line was so fast that I didn't even get pictures. Brynna had fallen asleep in the stroller while I stood in line for lunch, so Ben sat with the stroller while I took the boys on Dumbo.
Next was Pooh.
 |
| Ben had to sit alone. He was really worried. |
 |
| Ethan is there too, you just cant see him :) |
 |
| We saw Eeyore outside |
Then the Hunted Mansion. This was a BAD idea. Don't think I have seen little Ben more scared, thrill rides included. It was the one time the whole trip that I told his something was just pretend.
After that we went to get seats for the Soundational Parade. It was AWESOME! Sorry, no pics though. I took a video and its too big to upload. I will try on Facebook.
Then we went to our car to drop off our bag that had our lunch in it and to drive around for a little bit so the kids could get a nap.
When we got back, we rushed over to Splash Mountain. We had Fast Passes (that we almost missed) so I think we only waited in line for about 10 mins (standby time was over an hour). Ethan liked this ride, Ben refused to go on at all so Ethan went twice.
 |
| Enjoying the scenery |
 |
| were in the middle |
 |
| yes i'm screaming, I couldn't help it. Ethan's face was priceless though |
 |
| I caught them as they were going down! |
 |
| again in the middle |
Then we went over to get great seats for Fantasmic (my kids have been acting it out since last time we went). Ben got us dinner at the yummy french place and we hung out until the show began. It was great! We saw everything really well, but we did get a little cold and wet from the mist. Drawback of front row seating for a water show. Then we watched the fireworks and headed out of the park for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment