So this has been a couple of really busy months for us. I will try to hit all the major points.
November included us going to Sacramento, Ben getting his first report card, Ben having a Thanksgiving concert, gertting our family pictures taken, and, of course, Thanksgiving.
Ben got all good grades. (grades go E, S, U) He got all but 2 (out of 10 I think) Es. He got a S+ in writing and a S in PE (not sure why). In his testing he got lots of 4s and 5s (4 is where he should be, 5 means he is ahead). He only got 1 3. He gets "triangulo" and "rectangulo" mixed up. (All of his testing was in Spanish) Not sure why. He can do it fine at home. He exceeded most in anything to do with math or patterns. He really loves those. His teach was also really impressed with Ben's rhyming abilities.
Ben's Thanksgiving concert was really cute! Unfortunately, I didn't really know what to expect so I didn't get there early to get a good seat and I left my camera at home. I took some pics and videos on my phone, but my mini SD card converter is inaccessible (Ben packed it in a box). I will try to get them up soon. They sang 5 songs, 2 of them were in Spanish. Then they had a Thanksgiving feast back in their classroom.
We went and got our family pictures taken. Most of them turned out nice, although the lady who took them was really bad at posing kids. She was the same one who did Ben's this year. Oh well.
![]() |
| this one was really cute, but that lady was really bad at positioning us. it looks like boys vs girls |
![]() |
| I look like a floating head in these. The lady said black on black would look good, except then she stack us 3 rows deep and the light didnt light me enough. oh well |
![]() |
| this is the one we chose to put on the wall, despite brynna's odd face |
![]() |
| creepy floating head |
![]() |
| like i said, she was really bad at posing people |
![]() |
| ben somehow shrunk for this pose |
![]() |
| did i mention how bad she was at posing us |
![]() |
| we ordered this one |
For Thanksgiving, we went to Arizona to hang out with Ben's brother, Matt. the first day we were there we went to the Phoenix zoo. I left my camera in the car, but my sis in law had a camera so I didn't worry. But, I haven't gotten the pictures from her yet. :( We had a good visit and my kids didn't break their house!
The biggest news it that, right before we left for Arizona, we put an offer in on a house. About a week later, it was accepted! We have now gone through all of the loan stuff and we got our key yesterday. We officially own a house! (more on that later)
December brought packing, putting up decorations, a nativity play, a Christmas concert, and closing on our house.
Much later than usual, we finally put up the Christmas tree. Not sure when the house would close, we put it off for a while. Then they said that we weren't going to close until the 6th of January, so we decided to get decorating. Seeing on how we were also trying to pack, we decided to just put of a couple of things and not do outside lights at all.
The kids discovered that playing in the leaves is really fun. They are burying ben in the pics. It was funny.
At his preschool, Ethan was the innkeeper in their annual Nativity Play. He did a great job and I took him to all the practices (even on the days that he didn't have school) so that he wouldn't get nervous the day of the performance. It turned out that this was a good thing because Ben's Christmas concert was scheduled for 10a while Ethan's started at 9:30 and was 15 mis away. So I stayed for the nativity part and had to run while he sang his songs. Luckily I had watched him practice them many times before so he wasn't sad. He was actually really excited to get to go home with his friend Eliza.
| all ready to go |
| The innkeeper waiting at the inn |
| telling Mary and Joseph that there was no room |
| showing them to the stable |
Ben's Christmas play went well. They sang 5 songs again and 2 of them were in spanish: something about lasting all year long (i had never heard the song before), Feliz Navidad (of course), 10 Little Angels (again, never heard it), Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer in spanish, and a wierd version of We Wish you a Merry Christmas. Because I had to rush over from Ethan's, I didn't get a good seat again. A couple in front of me kept putting their heads together and blocking my view, plus their stage isnt lit well for having raisers so ben is kind of in a shadow. But he is the one in red plaid pajamas in the middle of the screen with the red and white santa hat (between a kid with a red and black santa hat and a green elf hat). My had was getting tired so if you get seasick, you might want to skip the movies. :)
Check back later for pics of the new house!

















No comments:
Post a Comment